Core Laser® Home
Core Laser® Home
With your purchase you will receive:
- Core Laser® belt with travel bag, battery included
- Basic wall target with mounting pins and travel bag
- No Pain Just Power instructional DVD
Ideal for personal use, the Core Laser® Home is a red laser strapped to the pelvis by way of an easily applied belt. The objective is to provide visual input to the individual (a form of biofeedback) regarding their lumbo-pelvic motion (intervertebral movement) while trying to trace the laser light along pre-established patterns on a grid approximately 8 feet in front of the user. The Core Laser provides direct and immediate visual feedback of success to the learner (motivational and unique) while providing implicit motor learning. It uses Laser Gym’s newly patented “Direct Visual Feedback” training to simultaneously increase flexibility and range of motion in the hips and lower back area while increasing the strength of the small, underlying, stabilizing muscles of the core(the Transversus Abdominis, Lumbar Multifidi, and pelvic floor muscles). The Core Laser® can relieve your back pain in only 8 minutes a day!
Direct Visual Feedback
The secret behind why the Core Laser® works so well is Laser Gym’s patented “Direct Visual Feedback” method. DVF Training is the practice of providing the user with an external visual cue (the beam of the laser), which serves as a way to see exactly how their body is moving. They receive immediate feedback and are able to connect what the movement internally feels like to what it externally looks like. If the external cue is showing the user that the movement is off or wrong, they now know what the incorrect method feels like, the same principle applies when the external cue is showing the user that the movement is being performed correctly.
So to break this down to the simple fundamentals, the beam of the laser is projected from the users body onto a target(or wall/floor/ceiling, depending on what exercise is being performed and where the laser is placed). The user then performs an exercise or movement, as the user moves, the beam of the laser moves, with a specific directional goal(whether that be trace a circle on the target, or maintain a straight line while doing a shoulder raise). If the users movement is deviating from the desired path they can see it and make immediate adjustments to perform the movement correctly.
Studies have shown that external feedback can greatly improve the learning of and refinement of specific motor skills. In reference to body movement, there are often times when we feel that something should appear a certain way, while in actuality it looks completely different. It has been shown that the body adapts or learns a movement better when it focuses on the external result/effect it has rather than solely focusing internally. It’s simple human nature, we are more focused and thereby learn more quickly when a reward/goal is presented directly in front of us.
The Core Laser® Home is a new laser-guided, therapeutic training system specifically designed to target the center of the human body. It uses Laser Gym’s newly patented “Direct Visual Feedback” training to provide the user with an external visual cue or “guiding light” for body movement.
To start you simply hang the target on the wall so the horizontal axis is at approximately waist height. You then strap the Core Laser® belt about your waist so that the laser is snug to your pelvis, about 3 inches below your navel. Now stand and face the target. We recommend you start 5 feet from the wall. You then use the beam of the laser to trace the lines and patterns of the target. Tracing these patterns provides a dynamic strengthening workout for the Core, specifically the stabilizing muscles of the spine (the Transversus Abdominis, Lumbar Multifidi and pelvic floor muscles). It also increases range of motion, stability, balance, control and awareness, (proprioception), in the Core region.
The Core Laser® is a great treatment modality for Lower Back Pain suffers, as it addresses the key issues often associated with back pain; weak muscles, limited functional mobility and lack of exercise.Studies show that people experiencing back pain generally have weak, under developed or untrained inner core muscles. The most important of the inner core stabilizing muscles are the Transversus Abdominis(the deepest layer of lateral abdominal muscles), the Lumbar Multifidi(the deepest of the lower back muscles), and the pelvic floor muscles.
The Core Laser® training method specifically targets these muscle groups and trains them to become a consistent support system for the spine, thereby alleviating one of the main causes of back pain at its deepest level.
In addition to therapeutic applications, the Core Laser® is a fantastic teaching tool as it utilizes instant visual feedback to aid in the instruction of various pelvic exercises, from a simple pelvic tilt to more functionally dynamic movements. It is also an excellent athletic/bio mechanic training tool for various rotational sports, as well as other sport specific movements. The Core Laser® can:
- Serve to prevent injury by decreasing the chance of lumbar, groin and hamstring strains.
- Dramatically improve balance by speeding up movement of the hips under an athlete prior to cutting, hitting, etc.
- Provide an excellent warm up prior to heavy workouts
- Improve posture while weight lifting, allowing the athlete to safely lift heavier weights
- Improve flexible strength in those three key muscle groups, which will allow the athlete to be more explosive
- And, aid in recovery of an athlete suffering from a sore back, groin or hamstring.
Goals & Benefits
The primary goal of the Core Laser is to increase the overall flexibility, strength and control of the hips and core. By doing this exercise/training system one can reap various benefits such as back pain relief, improved posture, improved body control, improved blood flow to the core area, as well as improved power and control in ones’ sports specific movements. The system is designed to simultaneously improve the users agility while ingraining and refining movement patterns specifically applicable to various sports. (golf, baseball, and swinging rackets, etc.)
Potential Improvements in Physicality and Coordination:
- Increased flexibility in the hips, legs, low back and muscles around the waist
- Relief from Back Pain
- Recover from workouts faster
- Increased strength in the larger and smaller supportive muscles of the core, hips and low back
- Increased hip and shoulder separation capabilities
- Increased coordination and control of the hips and core
- Increased ability to generate force from the largest muscles in the body
- Improved stability and control of balance
- Improved Posture
- Develops the ability to coordinate the upper and lower body
- Ability to create and deliver superior rotational power
- Increased blood flow to core area
- Improvement in overall body functionality, power and well being
Basic Wall Target:
- Dimensions: H 31” x L 48”
- Grommets for hanging
- Material: 13 oz. vinyl
- Printed carrying bag included
- Wall pins included
Core Laser Unit:
- Dimensions: H 4 ¾” x L 4 ¼” x W 1 ½”
- Material: ABS Plastic with Logo embossed rubber coating
- Custom Class IIIa laser(same power as standard laser pointers)
- CR2 Battery included
- Printed carrying bag included
Core Laser Belt:
- Dimensions: Adjustable waist size 0” to 48”
- Material: Nylon
- Plastic easy snap buckle