We all know that working takes up the majority of our day and when you finally get off work some times you just want to go home to relax. So we have put together a list of a few easy things to do at and around the office to stay physically active.
- If you live close to work why not ride a bike or walk and get in your daily cardio exercise before you even arrive at work?
- When given the choice between taking the elevator up to your office or the stairs, take the stairs and add a few minutes of exercise into your day.
- Keep small weights or elastic bands around your office to use while on the phone. Try not to use weights more than 5 pounds while sitting at your desk and if you are going to lift heavier weights, stand up and take a break to lift.
- If the weather permits during lunchtime take a walk around the office or choose a lunch destination that is close enough to walk for over 10 mins.
- If you have a larger office or area at your building with floor room, bring a mat to do exercises, stretches, sit-ups and push-ups. You can also bring a workout video and put it on at your computer or television to help with motivation!
- Bring your lunch and eat healthy. Bringing your lunch will allow you to have more time to exercise during your lunch break and get you in the habit of eating healthier.